Industrial Maintenance Technology
What is Industrial Maintenance Technology?
The Industrial Maintenance Technology Program provides a thorough understanding of the installation, maintenance, and repair of machinery used in manufacturing and industry, while also providing hands-on experience.
What are my career choices?
The Industrial Maintenance degree or diploma will prepare you for careers with large and small businesses and industries seeking highly trained maintenance employees.
What are my degree, diploma, or certificate options?
Associate in Applied Science (AAS)
- Industrial Maintenance (64-68 credit hours)
- Industrial Maintenance Technician (49-52 credit hours)
- Industrial Maintenance Machinist Mechanic (20 credit hours)
- Industrial Maintenance Electrical Mechanic (12-15 credit hours)
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Level I (13-15 credit hours)
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Level II (23-25 credit hours)
For course description, see the Program Brochure.
For course sequence, see the course sequence example.
For specific course requirements, see the KCTCS Course Catalog.
For program cost, see the estimate worksheet.
For Gainful Employment, see Gainful Employment Disclosure Information.
Employment of Industrial Maintenance Technicians is projected to increase 9 percent during the 2006-2016 decade. You can expect to find employment in factories, medical settings, food processing, construction, residential service and installation, and many other areas.
This program has no special admission requirements.
Length of Program
You can earn an Associate in Applied Science degree in two years if you maintain full-time status.
For more information
Glasgow Technology Campus:
- Rex Combs, Associate Professor - (270) 861-6937
- Chuck Houchens, Associate Professor - (270) 861-6926
- Shawn Trivett, Instructor - (270) 861-6942
- John Lindsey, Associate Professor - (270) 901-1161
This information should not be considered a substitute for the KCTCS Catalog. You should always choose classes in cooperation with your faculty advisor to ensure that you meet all degree requirements.