SKYCTC offers a Dual Credit program in partnership between KCTCS and the Kentucky Department of Education (KDE) which provides high school students the opportunity to earn college credits while completing their high school requirements through concurrent enrollment. If you are a high school junior or senior, you can enroll in selected college courses offered at and in cooperation with your high school. Students may enroll in up to 12 hours of Dual Credit courses each academic year.
- Gives you a step ahead into college life and the skills needed to succeed.
- Lowers the cost of your overall college education.
- Reduces the amount of time it takes to complete a college degree.
- Increases student matriculation from high school to college.
- Enhances college and career readiness.
SKYCTC offers two Concurrent Enrollment programs:
- Classes taught in a high school by a high school employee.
- Classes taught on one of the SKYCTC campuses by a SKYCTC instructor. Online courses are not applicable.
The 2017-18 Dual Credit tuition rate is $52 per credit hour; some courses also have an additional $68.75 digital materials or $11 liability insurance fee.
It's as easy as 1, 2, 3 . . .
1. Complete a FREE admission application online: https://southcentral.kctcs.edu/Admissions/How_to_Apply.aspx
2. Submit an Enrollment Contract signed by you, your high school guidance counselor or Area Technology Center representative, and a parent/guardian to firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide a copy of your high school transcript and ACT or KYOTE test scores.
3. Create a username and password in the User Account Center. Then, use this information to login to Student Self-Service to verify your enrollment status.
- For new students who would like to enroll in dual credit classes that take place on a SKYCTC campus, please complete the SKY Campus Enrollment Packet.
- For new students who would like to enroll in dual credit classes that are taught in a secondary school, you will need to complete the Dual Credit Enrollment Packet.
- If you have taken dual credit classes with SKYCTC before you need to complete the Enrollment Contract.
Tuition and fees are assessed based on the type of Dual Credit course(s) you enroll. Track tuition/fees and pay online through Student Self-Service.
Ali Bomar, Director of K-12 Partnerships: (270) 901-4324.
Samantha Mallory, Dual Credit Admissions Advisor: (270) 901-1236.