FAQs for Admissions


When should I complete the admissions application?

You should apply as soon as possible before the semester you plan to start. Applying early will give you time to complete COMPASS placement testing, send ACT scores (if needed), submit high school transcript or GED scores, and request college transcripts (if applicable). Applying early also gives the admissions staff plenty of time to contact you for additional information and to get the schedule that best fits your needs.

What degrees, diplomas, and certificate programs do you offer?

We offer a wide variety of programs leading to associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates.

How can I get an application?

Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College has gone strictly to online applications...FREE OF CHARGE!!!

I applied online, but I haven't heard anything. Have I been accepted to the college?

You should have received an automated response telling you that your application had been submitted. If you did not receive this response, the application may have not processed correctly. Contact us to find out if your application was received.

I have applied to the college. What is my next step for enrollment?

If you have not previously completed a placement test (ACT or COMPASS), you will need to do so by visiting the Career and Academic Planning Center. You must also submit the final official high school transcript or GED scores and transcripts from any college/university that you previously attended. Once all documentation is received, an acceptance letter will be sent to the email/mailing address you listed on your online admission application.

What address do I mail a transcript from a previously attended institution (high school or college/university)?

Please ask previously attended institutions to mail transcripts to:

Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College
Attn: Office of the Registrar
1845 Loop Drive
Bowling Green, KY 42101

Will you send me information about your college?

Contact us to have information about the college sent to you.

How do I get my student ID number, username, and password?

Come into the admissions office with a photo ID, and we will help you retrieve this information. You may also access your student ID number at the user account center.

What are your office hours?

 Regular hours are Monday - Friday 7:30am - 4:00pm

Can I attend college while still in high school?

Yes. Please contact the Director of K-12 Partnerships, Ali Bomar at 270-901-4324.

I was a former student. Do I have to complete a new application?

Former Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College students must complete a new updated admission application when they have not attended SKYCTC for more than one year.

Can I drop a class over the phone?

Course withdrawal requests are NOT able to be processed over the phone. Course withdrawal requests may be processed in person using the MEGA Form, by fax using the MEGA Form or by way of your KCTCS student email account.

How do I obtain enrollment verification?

As a Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College student, you have the ability to print an Enrollment Verification Certificate from your Student Self-Service account. This certificate provides proof of enrollment to your insurance company (health/vehicle); any agency such as BRADD or Vocational Rehabilitation; your employer, etc. From the home page of your

Student Self-Service account, the Student Records section is in the bottom right section of the page. Click on enroll verify-clearinghouse, and follow the directions.