COVID-19 Status Update
6/25/20 11:11 a.m.
SKYCTC released our Welcome Back Plan.
3/25/20 11:11 a.m.
Update from KCTCS President Dr. Box:
- Colleges will offer only online/remote classroom instruction through the last day of instruction on May 2nd and use online/remote assessment during the regular final exam week of May 4 – 10. This decision will help provide consistency for students and faculty who are impacted by conflicting dates and messaging from multiple colleges. (Universities are following a similar protocol.)
- Colleges will provide lab/technical/clinical instruction as soon as the Governor authorizes a return to a face-to-face learning environment. Colleges may place students in clinical sites as soon as the site allows students into the healthcare facility.
- Faculty will follow current Rules of the Faculty regarding grading; no change to the pass/fail grade Rules will be made. Faculty may give an incomplete grade (contract with student/faculty member for up to one year) or an in-progress grade (carry-over grade and replaced with a final grade) if appropriate. See KCTCS Faculty Senate 2019-2020 Rules of the Senate. (Although several of the universities are shifting to allowing their students to choose a Pass/Fail grade, there is not an agreement that the universities will accept a P/F grade from a KCTCS student transferring into that university.)
- Colleges will provide an opportunity for students to complete labs/clinicals as quickly as possible during the term. If facilities are not allowed to reopen within the term, or if students need additional access to lab facilities and to technical equipment after the term ends, the College will enroll the students using a non-credit course offering. This will provide an enrollment with no tuition charged to the student and will cover any insurance/liability issues.
- Any regular summer term classes can start after May 13 or later as College labs come available. This date may be affected by the pandemic response through the Governor’s Office.
- Spring Commencement ceremonies have been postponed with a decision on new dates to come later this spring.
- KCTCS colleges will remain open on a limited basis with limited services. (Universities are following the same protocol.) We will continue to provide student support services virtually until the colleges reopen on a regular schedule.
3/18/20 3:03 p.m.
Last night, Governor Beshear signed an executive order requiring all “public facing businesses” to close operations. This means SKYCTC will close the three open computer labs at the KATI Campus, Franklin Simpson Center, and Glasgow Health Campus, Friday afternoon, unless ordered to do so sooner.
3/17/20 8:05 a.m.
SKYCTC is transitioning all support services to distance delivery. Distance delivery
means that most SKYCTC buildings will be closed through April 5, and SKYCTC employees
will work remotely to provide you with the same services (through this altered format)
that you previously accessed on-campus/in-person.
Through distance delivery, you can get support in these areas:
- Financial Aid
- Career Exploration
- Academic Advising
- Course Registration/Transcripts
- New Student Mentoring
- Disability Support Services
- Library Services
- IT Help Center
- Human Resources, Benefits and Payroll
- Billing and Payments
Students who do not have computer/internet access at home will have access to select SKYCTC computer labs. To keep strong social distancing practices in place, a limited number of students may use the computer lab at any given time. Therefore, you must call to schedule an appointment to use a computer lab. After each use, staff will rigorously disinfect the computer and the surrounding area.
Please make your computer lab appointment in advance by calling a phone number below:
- KATI Campus at 270-901-1150 (9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., M-F)
- Glasgow Health Campus at 270-901-1202 (9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. M-F)
- Franklin-Simpson Center at 270-901-1119 (9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. M-F)
We hope that this will be a short-term issue, but regardless of the length of time, SKYCTC will work diligently to keep you safe while completing your education. Again, thank you for your patience and flexibility. Together, we can do this!
3/13/20 10:58 a.m.
Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College (SKYCTC) cares about the health and safety of our college community. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, SKYCTC will implement the following changes:
- All classes are cancelled for Monday, March 16 and Tuesday, March 17. During this time, instructors will transition courses to an online environment.
- All courses will resume in the online environment from March 18 through April 5.
- We will communicate the specific class changes and updates by noon, Tuesday, March 17 by KCTCS email.
- All on-campus events will be cancelled through April 5.
- All SKYCTC campus tours and activities have been suspended until the end of March.
- Please check back for further information on when campus tours and activities will resume.
3/12/20 2:25 p.m.
We know that many of you are rightfully concerned about the Novel Coronavirus-19, and some have asked if we will resume classes next week. SKYCTC is participating daily with the Bowling Green Coronavirus Workgroup, which includes an infectious disease expert, and are we are in communication with Emergency Management personnel. We will review options and report an update to students, faculty, and staff by noon on Friday, March 13. Students, faculty, and staff should check their KCTCS email and SKYCTC website for official updates.