Help and How-To's
- How can you find out about all the services the library has to offer?
- How can you learn the strategies to successfully complete a research assignment?
We have the answers for you! Use the tutorials below to help you with the research skills you need to succeed. Still have questions? Contact us at the Help Desk at (270) 901-1171 or by e-mail.
These tutorials are best viewed using Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Mac Safari browsers.
To use these tutorials on a home computer, you may also need the following free downloads:
Topic and Search Strategy
- How to Locate and Use Background Information
- Keywords and Controlled Vocabulary
- Characteristics of Information Resources
- Selecting Search Tools
- Research Process
Ethical Use of Information
Information Literacy Learning Outcomes
The library help units listed above are designed to help you with the tools you need to succeed in the research process. These learning units are guided by the principles of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) Information Literacy Competency Standards for Higher Education. The standards are listed on the ACRL web site.
These tutorials are designed to meet the specific needs of students at two-year colleges and are built on the KCTCS General Education Competency.