Thirty-Seven SKYCTC nursing students honored at pinning ceremony
Glasgow, Ky. – Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College (SKYCTC) held its nursing pinning ceremony for PN nursing students Wednesday, July 15, 2020. The ceremony took place at the Glasgow Health Campus.
The College honored thirty-seven PN students completing their practical Nursing Diploma from the Glasgow Campus. The fact that the students had to wear facial masks at the ceremony due to the COVID-19 pandemic did not dampen the spirits of the graduates.
“We salute these students for their perseverance and determination to complete their studies during this challenging time,” said Dr. Angie Harlan, Dean of Allied Health and Nursing sat SKYCTC. “They will join a workforce where nurses were already in high demand. Many will start new jobs on the front lines of COVID-19.”
Awards and recognition were presented by various health care facilities in the area.
PN students honored in this year’s ceremony were:
Katlin Davis, John-Eric Murray
Sally Coomer, Chasity Dicken, Bethany King, Kayla Miller, Lindsey Reece, Morgan Thomas, Bethany Trainham, Taylor Williams
Kassie Phelps, Kelsey Smith
Elizabeth Karr, Joni Lee,
Payton Bryant, Melissa Chambers
Amber Baxter, Anna Bryant, Tristen Ferguson, Samantha Lunz, Reagan Perdue-Moss, Natasha Simpson, Skylar Smith
Cassie Headrick-Smith, Gracie Martin
Lisa Akin, Jessica Allison, Katelyn Causey, Jena Henson, Andrea Jones, Zhannat Khayaliyeva, Elaine Montgomery, Emira Mujkic, Cassidy Patriarca, Jacqueline Valladares
- Golden Bandage Scissors Award – TJ Samson Hospital: Natasha Simpson
- Ann K. Rogers Nursing Award – Glasgow B&PW Club: Natasha Simpson
- ·Mollie Carmen Obstetrical Award: Andrea Jones
- Barren County Clinical Nursing Award – Barren County Nursing and Rehab: Jacqueline Valladares
- ·NHC Better Way Award – NHC Healthcare: Katlin Davis
- Dr. Phillip Bale Mental Health Award – Glasgow State Nursing Facility: Katlin Davis
- Rebecca Forrest Scholarship – KY Council on Practical Nursing: Bethany Trainham
- Signature of Glasgow Sacred Six Award – Signature of Glasgow: Cassidy Patriarca
- Dr. Jimmy T. Isenberg Nursing Award – Dr. Jennifer Shoemake: Amber Baxter
- Joy Rudenga Memorial Award: Amber Baxter
- Pharmacology Award – KY Practical Nursing Organization: Bethany Trainham
Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College has been producing highly trained nurses for the region since 1957.