Twenty-five SKYCTC Nursing Students Honored at Pinning Ceremony
Cave City, Ky. – Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College (SKYCTC) honored 25 Practical Nursing students at their annual pinning ceremony for PN nursing students Wednesday, May 4, 2022, at the Cave City Convention Center. The ceremony marked the PN student’s completion of their practical Nursing Diploma from the Glasgow Campus.
“We salute these students for their perseverance and determination to complete their studies during this challenging time,” said Dr. Angie Harlan, Dean of Allied Health and Nursing sat SKYCTC. “They will join a workforce where nurses were already in high demand.
PN students honored in this year’s ceremony were:
Justin Beaty, Amber Crowe, Serena Davis, Lindsey Forbis, Hannah Gearlds, Deborarae Gibson, Ashtyn Johnson, Annie Lewis, Jalen Shirley, Meghan Strode, Taylor True, Tiffany Waters, Madison Woodcock, Kyndil Young
Patricia Arnold, Alexis Key, Gabriella Link, Christie Morris, Kayla Price, Valerie Riddle, Brittney Wilson, Brooklyn Young
- Golden Bandage Scissors Award – TJ Samson Hospital: Brooklyn Young
- T J Pledge 6 C’s Award – TJ Samson Hospital: Jalen Shirley
- Ann K. Rogers Nursing Award – Glasgow B&PW Club: yAutumn Murray-Lively
- Mollie Carmen Obstetrical Award: Kayla Price
- Barren County Clinical Nursing Award – Barren County Nursing and Rehab: Jalen Shirley
- NHC Better Way Award – NHC Healthcare: Lindsey Forbis
- Dr. Phillip Bale Mental Health Award – Glasgow State Nursing Facility: Brooklyn Young
- Signature of Glasgow Sacred Six Award – Signature of Glasgow: Christie Morris
- Dr. Jimmy T. Isenberg Nursing Award – Dr. Jennifer Shoemake: Amber Crowe
- Joy Rudenga Memorial Award: Haley Allen
- Pharmacology Award – KY Practical Nursing Organization: Autumn Murray-Lively
- Heroic “Hart” Award – Signature HealthCare of Hart County - Brittney Wilson
- Perfect Attendance Award- SKYCTC PN Program - Brooklyn Young
Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College has been producing highly trained nurses for the region since 1957.