SKYCTC Announces Allied Health Award Recipients
Each year, Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College (SKYCTC) recognizes students from each of the Allied Health programs of the College who have excelled in academic and clinical excellence as well as leadership.
In addition, one student is selected as the overall Allied Health Student of the Year. This year’s recipient is Dionna Szewczak, a Radiography student from Franklin, KY.
“Dionna is very deserving of the Overall Allied Health Student Award,” says Lori Slaughter, Professor of Radiography at SKYCTC. “She has had a very positive attitude throughout the Radiography Program and was willing to help others when they needed it. Through various observations in the clinical setting, she demonstrated wonderful rapport with patients and staff. She will be a true asset wherever she goes.”
The COVID-19 pandemic has made us more aware and thankful for the work our healthcare professionals undertake every day to ensure our health and recovery from illness’ and disease such as the coronavirus.
This year, SKYCTC honored all healthcare professionals and presented awards to twelve SKYCTC Allied Health students at the annual Allied Health Award Ceremony held on May 8, 2020 through an online ceremony.
Additionally, the SKYCTC Allied Health students chose three professional mentors from area healthcare facilities to receive awards for their contributions to the program.
Awards recipients in their respective categories were:
Award of Academic Excellence
In recognition of achieving excellence by maintaining the highest program GPA
- Radiography – Rachel Leer - Warren Co.
- Respiratory – Lindsey Krinock - Warren Co.
- Surgical Technology – Ada Wolfe – Warren Co.
Award of Clinical Excellence
In recognition of achieving and maintaining the highest level of clinical proficiency -
- Radiography – Tyler Gaw - Allen Co. & Christine Amiot – Barren Co.
- Respiratory – Ty Mutter - Allen Co.
- Surgical Technology – Ashton Akins - Warren Co.
Award of Excellence in Leadership
In recognition for demonstrating outstanding leadership skills and integrity consistently exhibited toward fellow students -
- Radiography – Tori Browning - Edmonson Co.
- Respiratory – Robyn Lowe - Warren Co.
- Surgical Technology – Tabitha Boyer - Simpson Co.
Award of Overall Program Excellence
In recognition of achieving excellence in academics, clinical proficiency as well as for the integrity consistently exhibited toward fellow students
- Radiography – Dionna Szewczak - Simpson Co. R
- Respiratory – Samantha Zambrano - Simpson Co.
- Surgical Technology – Allison McDaniel - Logan Co.
Overall Allied Health Winner
In recognition of overall excellence among all students in the Allied Health programs -
- Radiography – Dionna Szewczak - Simpson Co.
Professional Mentor Recognition
The students of the SKYCTC Allied Health Programs selected three outstanding mentors at their clinical sites. This year’s professional mentor awards go to:
- Radiography – Stacey Hurt - TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital
- Respiratory – Jennifer Watts – The Medical Center of Bowling Green
- Surgical Technology – Shakara Wynn - The Medical Center of Bowling Green
Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College congratulates this year’s Allied Health Award Winners and all the students in the allied health programs.