Martin Luther King Jr. Day Scheduled Events in South Central Kentucky
Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College would like to invite our students,
faculty, and staff to participate in the scheduled Martin Luther King Day events in
Below is a listing of the events scheduled in Bowling Green, Glasgow, and Franklin.
Local Warren County events
Mon, Jan 21, 2019 7:30 am - 1:00 pm
Wed, Jan 16, 2019, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Sun, Jan 20, 2019, 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Each year, hundreds of citizens of our city and surrounding areas come together to remember the civil rights leader, Martin Luther King Jr. This year’s theme for the celebration is ‘My Future Depends on ME’.
- Wednesday, January 16th – Kick-Off Gospel Celebration 6 p.m. at Mt. Zion Baptist Church
- Sunday, January 20th – Youth Night Empowerment Symposium 4 p.m. at Parker Bennett Curry Elementary School
- Monday, January 21st – Annual Memorial Breakfast 7:30 a.m. at Parker Bennett Curry Elementary School (Speaker: Rev. B. Kennedy)
- Monday, January 21st – Annual Memorial March 10 a.m. at Warren County Justice Center
- Monday, January 21st – Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration 11 a.m. at State
Street Baptist Church (Keynote Speaker: Dr. Stacy Spencer)
Simpson County events
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Commemoration Celebration
January 20 @ 3:00 pm - 3:30 pm
The African American Heritage Center Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Commemoration Celebration will be held at 3 pm at the Elevated Baptist Church in Franklin (307 Bell Street). The speaker will be Mrs. Katie Briggs. For more information call the African American Heritage Center at 270-598-9986 or 270-586-6394 or email email@example.com.
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Commemorative Service
January 21 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Franklin Simpson Human Rights Commission will sponsor the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Commemorative Service at the First United Methodist Church. Program will begin at 8 am. Tickets are $12. For more information or to purchase tickets call Wanda Tuck at 270-776-4945
Glasgow/Barren County Events
On Monday, January 21st there will be a gathering at the Barren County Courthouse at Noon with a march to the First Baptist Church for a service that will begin at 1:00 PM. Barrett Wright, pastor of First Baptist Church of Scottsville will be the featured speaker with special music from Designed for a Purpose.