SKYCTC HONORS NURSING STUDENTS AT COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY
Cave City, Ky. Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College (SKYCTC) held a nursing pinning/capping ceremony for PN and RN students Wednesday, December 7th at the Cave City Convention Center.
The ceremony honored twenty-six RN students attending classes at the College s Bowling Green Campus, as well as twenty PN students and thirty-five RN students attending the Glasgow Campus.
Bowling Green Campus RN Class # 2 Pinning
Receiving the Associate in Applied Science in Nursing
Michelle Del Rey
** Earning an AS Degree
Glasgow PN Class # 66 Pinning
Diploma in Practical Nursing
*Associate of Science
** Associate of Arts Degree
Glasgow PN Class # 5 Capping
Lee Ann Rich
Awards and recognition were presented by various health care facility in the area. These year s award recipients were:
- Golden Bandage Scissors Award: PN recipient Danielle Curry, RN recipient Sara Hennessey
- Ann K. Rodgers Nursing Award: PN recipient Danielle Curry
- Pharmacology Award: PN recipient Deborah Carey
- Mollie Carmen Award: PN recipient Jessica Crowe, RN recipient Susan Lee
- The Medical Center Excellence in Nursing Award: RN recipient Michelle Del Rey
- Diversicare Clinical Award: PN recipient Jessica Hansel, RN recipient Rahila Huremovic
- Dr. Phillip Bale Mental Health Award: PN Recipient Jessica Sexton, RN Recipient Rachel Kenady
- NHC Better Way Award: PN recipient Mika Irwin
- Perfect Attendance Awards: PN recipient Ciara White, RN recipient Melanie Skees, Heather Turner
- Joy Rudenga Memorial Scholarship: PN recipient Jessica Crowe
At the conclusion of the ceremony, the candidates recited the Florence Nightingale Pledge, a time honored tradition of the nursing profession.
SKYCTC has been producing highly trained nurses for the region since 1957.
All photo are displayed on the College Facebook Page.