Train for your CDL in just 4 weeks!
Our Commercial Driver's License (CDL) program is designed to prepare individuals with little or no commercial driving experience for an entry-level position in the trucking industry. Our focus is on developing safe, responsible drivers. This accelerated training program is provided by SKYCTC's Workforce Solutions department with support from members of the Kentucky Trucking Association.
CDL program includes:
- Classroom, range and road instruction led by credentialed experienced trucking professionals
- Training in a manual and/or automatic transmission truck
- DOT rules, regulations and log book instruction
- Map reading, trip planning, and vehicle operation training
- Class A road test administered by Kentucky State Police upon class completion
- Certificate of completion and job placement assistance
Classes start on the first Monday of each month unless otherwise announced and run 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday - Thursday, for four weeks.
Training is scheduled around holidays and interruptions caused by weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Enrollments are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited.
Students may register by calling (270) 901-1235.
A high school diploma or GED is not required; however, students must:
- be able to read, write and speak English
- be at least 18 years old for intrastate license or 21 years old for interstate license
- meet Department of Transportation (DOT) physical requirements
- pass a DOT drug test
- have a valid driver's license at the time of registration
It is critical that you make every effort to earn your CDL permit prior to the first day of call.
- schedule and complete your Department of Transportation (DOT) physical
- upload a copy of your medical certification to an online account that you create
- schedule and take your CDL permit exam
Please note: Students with a driver's license from outside of Kentucky should plan to enroll at least 30 days before their class begins to allow additional time for processing.
The $4,200 program cost covers instruction. Payment must be made to SKYCTC in the amount of $4,200; the student will be directly responsible for paying the CDL permit and license fees which will total approximately $150. Instructions for taking care of the permit and license fee process will be provided during the course.
Payment or payment arrangements must be made before class begins. Payment may be by debit or credit card or cashier's check payable to SKYCTC.
Financial assistance may be available through Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, or the Kentucky Farm Workers Program. Contact your local counselor for details (contact information for these programs is available through SKYCTC).
Full refunds will be granted if the class is cancelled by SKYCTC or the student officially withdraws before the first day of class. No refunds will be granted if requested on or after the first day of class or if the student is dismissed for violating the class code of conduct. Non-attendance does not relieve the student of financial obligation or entitle the student to a refund.
This program is designed for individuals wanting to add the Hazardous Material endorsement to an existing commercial driver’s license.
The complete Hazardous Material training includes 20 hours of instructional safety training and will prepare students for the written Hazardous Material knowledge test. The training course can be completed in two class sessions, 10 hours each, from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. on scheduled dates.
You may register at any time; however, class size is limited. Enrollments are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis.
A high school diploma or GED is not required, however you must:
- Be able to read and write the English language
- Be 18 years of age
- Be able to meet the Federal DOT physical requirements
- Have a valid KY driver's license at the time of registration
- Have a valid CDL Permit (or license)
Questions? Contact Us!
SKYCTC Franklin Simpson Center
175 Davis Dr.
Franklin, KY 42134
Phone: (270) 901-1235