Assessment & Testing
Monday - Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
KATI campus, Room 154
Assessment Center Services
American firms are turning more and more to personnel assessments as a way to improve the hiring and promotion selection process. Having access to objective data helps managers make better informed personnel decisions. Hiring or promoting the wrong person is costly in terms of money, morale, down time, backed up orders, wasted materials, and unhappy customers. Testing is a low-cost method of improving selection accuracy and standardizing at least part of the hiring/promotion process. Whether for initial hires, transfers, redefinition of positions, or promotional selection, our assessment center can help.
Computer-based testing eliminates the need for printing and purchasing test books, shipping answers sheet for scoring, and storage before, during and after testing sessions. In addition, by providing on-demand testing, walk-in exams and retakes as a viable option, we are able to meet the needs and convenience of our customers. The advantages over the paper/pencil format, including:
- Shorter Testing Time
- Wider Access
- Faster Score Reporting
Check out our reasonable fees, rapid reporting of results, capacity for customizing, and on-site options. A knowledgeable professional staff is ready to assist you at every step of the process.
Testing Partners & Testing Programs
The following are assessments and testing programs that we currently provide to our students and workforce individuals in the surrounding area.
- The nationwide network of ACT Centers delivers computer-based testing and training services to individuals, employers, and professional organizations. Located primarily at two- and four-year colleges, ACT Centers serve as a comprehensive resource for developing and serving a community s workforce and economy. The Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College ACT Center offers Computer-based tests for licensure and certification in many professions, skill-specific training through approximately 3,000 Web-based, non-credit, self-paced courses developed by leading courseware providers and workplace skills assessments.
- Certiport s Internet and Computing Core Certification (iC3) is the ideal certification for anyone that wants to demonstrate critical computer and Internet skills valued in today s academic and professional environments. Because digital literacy is vital to the success in both of these endeavors, IC is the perfect credential for both traditional and non-traditional students as well as employees. Currently enrolled Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College students who wish to use the iC3 exam to Clep out of CIS 100 should contact the Transition Center at 901-1046.
Certiport MOS (Microsoft Office Specialist) Certificate
MOS is recognized globally as the premier credential chosen by individuals seeking to validate their knowledge, skill and abilities relating to Microsoft Office systems. For business, MOS maximizes office productivity and efficiency for the organization and increases job satisfaction and heightens career achievement among employees. In workforce development, MOS prepares and places job candidates, ensuring they porress the skills employers require.
Educational Testing Service (ETS)
- ETS is an innovative organization that provides a range of products and services to advance learning worldwide. We are uniquely qualified to design, develop and implement customized assessment systems and support services tailored to meet the needs of clients and test takers. Currently, we only offer the TOEFL through this testing program.
Kentucky Department of Insurance
- Insurance agents are allowed to test without traveling to the office of Department of Insurance in Frankfort, The test is administered in conjunction with the Department of Insurance. The KOI test is given every Tuesday and Wednesday, with the exception of observed national holidays and institutional closings.
KMSS (Kentucky Manufacturing Skills Standards)
- As a means of strengthening collaboration between Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College and businesses, this project will increase educational and job opportunities for adult learners. The assessment is delivered on-line and includes categories in blueprint reading, business planning, communications, math, quality assurance, workforce issues, workplace skills, and manufacturing fundamentals.
- Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College began offering this online assessment in April 2006. We are now one of over 1,000 computer-based testing centers across the United States. LaserGrade delivers exams for small and medium sized state trade certifying bodies like the Washington State Board of Labor and Industries and many state cosmetology, medical, and technical programs. LaserGrade also delivers examinations for large national licensing programs such as the Federal Aviation Administration.
NATE (North American Technician Excellence)
- NATE is the leading certification program for technicians in the heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC/R) industry and the only test supported by the entire industry. NATE certification tests represent real world working knowledge of HVAC and HVAC/R systems. Exams are pertinent to contractors, educators, manufacturers and utilities alike.
NCRC (National Career Readiness Certificate)
The Kentucky National Career Readiness Certificate (KY NCRC) is an assessment-based credential that gives employers and Job Seekers a uniform measure of key workplace skills. Even if an individual has a high school diploma (or GED) or a post secondary degree, the KY NCRC further verifies that the worker can handle tasks that are common and vital in today s workplaces. The KY NCRC verifies to employers anywhere in the United States that an individual has essential core employability skills in Reading, Math, and Locating Information.
NOCTI (National Occupational Competency Testing Institute)
- The NOCTI focuses on outcomes from career-technical programs. The tests are written and/or performance based. There are over 20 technical categories in which the NOCTI can be administered.
- Register for an exam.
- Pearson VUE has a wide array of high-stakes exams in the licensure; certification, academic admissions, regulatory and government testing service markets. We are 1 of 5,000 testing centers world-wide. Pearson VUE was founded as Virtual University Enterprises (VUE) in 1994.
- The ServSafe Food Protection Manager certification is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI)-Conference for Food Protection (CFP). ServSafe Alcohol certification is recognized by many states that require training and certification for bartenders and front-of-house employees who serve or handle alcoholic beverages.
TSA/PAN (Transportation Security Administration)
- The TSA exam is a pre-hire exam that is administered through the PAN network for U.S. Homeland Security. We have been a testing provider for TSA since 2005. This exam is computer-based and requires a yearly audit by TSA.
- The WorkKeys assessments give students and workers reliable, relevant information about their workplace skill levels. Combined with information about skill levels required for jobs, assessments information can help users make better career and educational decisions. This assessment is available in web-based format testing only.
GED Testing Program:
- The Assessment Center continues to serve surrounding counties and adult education
programs by offering GED Testing. Anyone planning to take the GED for the first time
must qualify by passing an official practice test (OPT). The practice tests are given
in our Adult Education Center (270.901.1017) and at other adult learning centers in
Kentucky. The Assessment Center will supply detailed information about testing requirements
when test reservations are made.
The GED test is given at the Bowling Green Technical College KATI campus once each month (excluding state holidays and institutional closings). You must pre-register for the exam by calling the Assessment Center office at 270.901.1037. For additional information regarding the Kentucky GED Testing Program, please visit: Kentucky Adult Education.
To request a trascript or obtain GED test scores please visit the GED website.