Tuition & Costs
|Tuition Category||Cost Per Credit Hour|
|In-State Students||$182/credit hour|
|Dual Credit Students||$91/credit hour|
|Out-of-State Students: From Contiguous Counties*||$364/credit hour|
|Out-of-State Students: Other Out-of-State Students||$637/credit hour|
|Online-Only Courses+ (all students):||$182/credit hour|
|Mandatory Fee** (all students):||$8/credit hour|
|Distance Learner Fee***||$20/credit hour|
What's With the ***?
The first * is for contiguous counties. Contiguous counties are those which border Kentucky. Students from these counties pay a special tuition rate. Students from Reciprocity Counties pay in-state tuition.
Next, the ** is the KCTCS BuildSmart Investment for Kentucky Competitiveness fee.
+For students who are enrolled in online-only courses, the tuition is the same regardless of your residency. Other fees, such as the mandatory fee and a distance learning course fee of $20/credit hour still apply.
A full list of charges and fees is available.
To view our third-party servicer contract for refund management, click here.
- An $11 charge per semester will be collected from students enrolled in programs that
require professional liability insurance.
- A $20 per credit hour fee will be assessed for distance learning courses.
- A $50 charge will be assessed for each check returned due to insufficient funds.
- Delinquent accounts are subject to referral to the Kentucky Department of Revenue,
which will charge additional fees.
- A $75 charge will be assessed for reinstatement of classes for students who do not pay by the payment deadline.
Tuition is due four weeks prior to the first day of classes for each semester, unless you have signed up for a payment plan to pay your tuition over time.
Tuition is assessed when you register for classes. If you do not pay tuition on time or make payment arrangements (payment plan, financial aid, etc.), you may be assessed a late fee and/or unregistered from your classes.
Tuition is charged per credit hour, so any changes to your schedule (for instance, if you drop or add a class) will result in recalculation of your tuition charge. Late fees and/or cancellation of classes apply even if you make initial payment but add a class later and do not pay for it.
Please pay your balance with one of the following payment options:
- Online at Student Self-Service at MyPath: Accepts credit card or e-check. Open 24/7.
- In-person at the Business Office: Accepts cash, check, credit card, or money order. The office is open during regular college hours. Please check your student email for closure notices.
Payment plans are available, but must be arranged in advanced.
Billing statements are sent by email to your student email. You will not receive a
statement through the mail. Your statement will show the tuition amount due as well
as anticipated aid, including grants, accepted loans and some scholarships (including
the Kentucky Educational Excellence Scholarship, or KEES).
When you receive your bill, compare your tuition balance to your actual financial aid (available at Student Self-Service).
- If your actual aid is more than enough to cover your tuition balance, you do not need
to make a tuition payment. Your tuition will be paid automatically from your financial
- If your actual aid is not enough to cover the tuition balance, you must pay the difference by the tuition deadline. Contact the Tuition Office for help in determining how much you owe.
If your tuition will be paid from financial aid funds, your tuition balance will not change until after the semester begins, enrollment is confirmed, and aid is disbursed to your account. At that time, your account balance will change to reflect the aid applied and any funds left over will be refunded to you.