Become an Apprentice
what's in it for you?
- Gain relevant work experience as an employee
- Earn a competitive wage with guaranteed increases throughout the program
- Partner with a knowledgeable workplace mentor
- Receive academic support from SKYCTC
- Obtain a college credential and/or degree AND a nationally recognized credential from the Department of Labor
- Combine your career and education into a true earn and learn opportunity at little or no cost to you
SKYCTC works with local businesses to provide apprenticeship programs in a variety of fields including, but not limited to, manufacturing, healthcare, business, computer technology, and skilled trades.
Who can apply?
Anyone looking to upgrade their skills or change careers in a good candidate for apprenticeship this includes:
- High School students who are close to graduation that are looking to get into the field of your choice to gain experience
- Career changers who need training and education in a new industry
- Current employees looking to advance within their company
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Be eligible to work in the US (Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- Meet academic requirements for admission
- Some jobs require a driver's license
Note: All of our employers are local (within the BRADD region), and our classes are online or in-person at SKYCTC. You must provide your own transportation to and from work and SKYCTC to participate in the program.
Complete this Interest Form and SKYCTC's Apprenticeship Coordinator will contact you to discuss your career interests and available apprentice positions.