Train for your CDL in just 4 weeks!
Our Commercial Driver's License (CDL) program is designed to prepare individuals with little or no commercial driving experience for an entry-level position in the trucking industry. Our focus is on developing safe, responsible drivers. This accelerated training program is provided by SKYCTC's Workforce Solutions department with support from members of the Kentucky Trucking Association.
CDL program includes:
- Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and drug screen
- Classroom, range and road instruction led by credentialed experienced trucking professionals
- Commercial Driver's License learner's permit
- DOT rules, regulations and log book instruction
- Map reading, trip planning, and vehicle operation training
- Class A road test administered by Kentucky State Police upon class completion
- Certificate of completion and job placement assistance
Classes start on the first Monday of each month unless otherwise announced and run 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday - Thursday, for four weeks.
Training is scheduled around holidays and interruptions caused by weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Enrollments are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited.
Students may register by calling 270.901.1235.
A high school diploma or GED is not required; however, students must:
- be able to read, write and speak English
- be at least 18 years old for intrastate license or 21 years old for interstate license
- meet Department of Transportation (DOT) physical requirements
- pass a DOT drug test
- have a valid driver's license at the time of registration.
Please note: Students with a driver's license from outside of Kentucky should plan to enroll at least 30 days before their class begins to allow additional time for processing.
The $3,850 program cost covers instruction, CDL permit and license fees, and DOT physical and drug test. Payment must be made to SKYCTC in the amount of $3,850; the student will be directly responsible for paying the CDL permit and license fees which will total approximately $150. Instructions for taking care of the permit and license fee process will be provided during the course.
Payment or payment arrangements must be made before class begins. Payment may be by debit or credit card or cashier's check payable to SKYCTC.
Financial assistance may be available through Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, or the Kentucky Farm Workers Program. Contact your local counselor for details (contact information for these programs is available through SKYCTC).
Full refunds will be granted if the class is cancelled by SKYCTC or the student officially withdraws before the first day of class. No refunds will be granted if requested on or after the first day of class or if the student is dismissed for violating the class code of conduct. Non-attendance does not relieve the student of financial obligation or entitle the student to a refund.
Questions? Contact Us!
Misty Hendrix, Administrative Assistant
SKYCTC Franklin Simpson Center
175 Davis Dr.
Franklin, KY 42134