Online Student Resources
We understand that you may have chosen to take a face-to-face class because you prefer that type of instruction to an online class. Unfortunately, due to the ever-changing status and response to COVID-19, we must make some changes to ensure a safe and healthy community on campus.
We’re providing the information below to assist with your work online in the next few days. Your instructor and SKYCTC Online Learning are here for you.
What is Office 365 Student Advantage and how do I get it?
All KCTCS students who are currently enrolled in a course are eligible to install the full version of Office 365 Pro Plus on up to 5 devices for free. This includes PC, Mac, Apple tablets and phones, and Android tablets and phones. The software will continue to work as long as you are enrolled in at least one class at a KCTCS college.
- All file submissions for online classes must be Word (.doc, .docx) files
- All other file submissions will receive a 0 grade
Install Office on your PC or Mac
- Sign into your KCTCS student email
- Click the gear icon beside your name at the top right, then choose Office 365 Settings
- Click the Software link
- Under the Office heading, click Install
- When prompted to save or run the application, choose Run
- Follow the on screen prompts to install Office
- After Office is installed, if prompted to log in, use your KCTCS email address and password
Install Office on your Apple or Android device
- Download the Office Mobile app from the app store
- Open the app and sign in with your KCTCS student email and password
Is wireless internet available on campus?
Yes, all KY public institutions have wireless internet. The public institutions include Eastern Kentucky University (EKU), Kentucky State University (KSU), Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) (16 institutions), Morehead State University (MSU), Murray State University (MuSU), Northern Kentucky University (NKU), University of Kentucky (UK), University of Louisville (UL), and Western Kentucky University (WKU).
Can I access internet if I am not a student at the institution?
Yes, most institutions have secured guest access. There are a few institutions that offer open guest access. Please follow instructions of the institution to gain guest access.
Is outdoor wireless internet access available to the general public?
Yes, please see details below about institutional location and accessibility:
- KCTCS-All KCTCS college campus locations have guest wireless access in parking lots (some parking lots have stronger signals than others).
- WKU-Outdoor wireless access is available near most buildings in outdoor areas. Park
Creason St. parking lots allow general public access via the guest network for the remainder of
Wireless Access at Home
Students seeking to obtain wireless internet access at home should contact their local
NEED TO CONTACT US?
SKYCTC Online Learning
Phone: (855) 246-2482
Student Service Center
Contact SKYCTC Online Learning or IT Support for further assistance.