Transfer Information | SKYCTC

Transfer Information

Our Go2Transfer program lets you transfer credits easily to the four-year college or university of your choice. Many public and private schools have 2+2 agreements with us, allowing you to complete a bachelor's degree in the same amount of time as starting at a four-year school, for a fraction of the cost.

In addition to career planning, advising, and student resources provided in the Career and Academic Planning Center, we also serve as your contact for transfer information.

If you are considering completing a bachelor's degree at a four-year college, you will find useful resources to help make transferring easier.

Many of the state schools have representatives who come to our campus on a regular basis. If you would like to learn more about how to meet with a transfer representative, you may contact our office at (270) 901-1046. The Career and Academic Planning office is located on Main Campus, Building L.

Why Do YOU need a bachelor's degree?

Some careers require a bachelor's degree. So continuing your education beyond an associates degree can help you land your dream job, and potentially earn more money!

  • You can complete your freshman and sophomore years at SKYCTC by earning an associate degree.
  • SKYCTC has guaranteed program agreements with most Kentucky colleges and universities, both public and private. Your SKYCTC advisor can provide you with more information.
  • Need more information? We have it -or we can track it down for you. Course equivalencies, scholarships, prerequisites, application requirements, majors, and much more!
  • Want to talk to a transfer representative from a four-year college? Let us put you help you connect with someone at the college of your choice.

SKY Graduate Transfer Checklist

What do you want to do?

The career you want will determine what kind of credentials you need. If you are unsure what career you want, take an interest inventory quiz. 

Where do you want to go?

  • If your desired career requires a bachelor's, master's, or doctoral degree, research the colleges and universities that offer the programs you need. Get a degree plan from the transfer university you choose.
  • Check SKYCTC's event calendar and attend a Transfer Fair.
  • Make a list of the pros and cons of each institution. Then, make a decision that works best for you.

How do you get there?

  • Meet with your SKYCTC advisor and a transfer advisor to discuss your program plan.
  • Continue to check the website of your transfer college/university for any changes to your program plan, and adjust your class schedule as needed.
  • Ask your transfer advisor about scholarships and due dates.
  • Visit SKYCTC’s TRiO program for help with college applications and possibly get the application fee waived.
  • Apply for financial aid and scholarships at your transfer school.

Celebrate your accomplishments, and keep going!


Learn more about transfer possibilities by attending events on campus such as workshop events, local and regional Transfer Fairs, and campus visits with a transfer representative from four-year colleges and universities. Visit the student events calendar or contact the Career and Academic Planning Center for information on upcoming events.

How will my courses Transfer?

Because of House Bill 160, a law passed in 2010 by the Kentucky State Legislature, all general education courses at SKYCTC will transfer to any public four-year university in Kentucky.

You can earn your associate of arts or associate of science degree at SKYCTC and you'll be "General Education Certified" - which means you don't have to take more general education courses after you transfer. You can read all about the Kentucky General Education Transfer Agreement online. You can also make an appointment with the Student Success Center, and we'll walk you through it.

SKYCTC is fully accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). SKYCTC credits are accepted by any accredited institution in North America.

The SKY is the limit!!!

The following course equivalencies are provided by the following institutions and useful for advising and academic planning. Final transcript evaluation will be conducted by the universities after the student is admitted.