Our Go2Transfer program lets you transfer credits easily to the four-year college or university of your choice. Many public and private schools have 2+2 agreements with us, allowing you to complete a bachelor's degree in the same amount of time as starting at a four-year school, for a fraction of the cost.
In addition to career planning, advising, and student resources provided in the Career and Academic Planning Center, we also serve as your contact for transfer information.
If you are considering completing a bachelor's degree at a four-year college, you will find useful resources to help make transferring easier.
Many of the state schools have representatives who come to our campus on a regular basis. If you would like to learn more about how to meet with a transfer representative, you may contact our office at 270-901-1046. The Career and Academic Planning office is located on Main Campus, Building A, Room 29.
Why Do YOU need a bachelor's degree?
With a bachelor's degree, you will create more job opportunities, higher salary potential, and open more doors for continued learning. College graduates earn $1 million more over their lifetime than a high school graduate. A person with a bachelor's degree earns about $271 a week more than someone with an associate's degree. So continuing your education beyond an associate's degree can help your earnings significantly!
- You can complete your freshman and sophomore years at SKYCTC by earning an associate degree.
- SKYCTC has guaranteed program agreements with most Kentucky colleges and universities, both public and private. Your SKYCTC advisor can provide you with more information.
- Need more information? We have it -- or we can track it down for you. Course equivalencies, scholarshiops, prerequisites, application requirements, majors, and much more!
- Want to talk to a transfer representative from a four-year college? Let us put you help you connect with someone at the college of your choice.
Learn more about transfer possibilities by attending events on campus such as CollegeFish workshop events, local and regional Transfer Fairs, Transfer Madness each March, campus visits with a transfer representative involving four-year institutions, and much more!
How will my courses Transfer?
Because of House Bill 160, a law passed in 2010 by the Kentucky State Legislature, all general education courses at SKYCTC will transfer to any public four-year university in Kentucky.
You can earn your associate of arts or associate of science degree at SKYCTC and you'll be "General Education Certified"- which means you don't have to take more general education courses after you transfer. You can read all about the Kentucky General Education Transfer Agreement online. You can also make an appointment with the Student Success Center, and we'll walk you through it.
SKYCTC is fully accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools (SACS). SKYCTC credits are accepted by any accredited institution in North America.
The SKY is the limit!!!
You can see how your credits transfer to various schools around the country by visiting TES the Transfer Evaluation System from CollegeSource.
The following course equivalencies are provided by the following institutions and useful for advising and academic planning. Final transcript evaluation will be conducted by the universities after the student is admitted.
- Eastern Kentucky University
- University of Kentucky
- Western Kentucky University
- Kentucky State University
- Morehead State University
- University of Louisville
- Northern Kentucky University