Safety Notification Alert Process (SNAP)
Stay safe on campus by opting in for SNAP text alerts.
Text messages to mobile phones regarding campus emergencies.
- Find out if classes are cancelled or delayed due to weather, power outages or other
unexpected events impacting campus.
- Get severe weather notifications so you can take shelter when a storm hits.
- Receive emergency messages when something or someone could be a threat to your personal safety.
All students, staff, faculty, and members of the community.
Your preferred phone numbers and/or e-mail addresses entered into Student Self-Service or theEmployee Information Center will also be used for SNAP messages during an emergency at your college. The same contact information that is used to inform you of academic/employment questions or concerns will now also be used to notify you if there is a weather emergency, safety threat or campus closing/delay.
To make sure you are receiving messages at your current phone number(s) or e-mail address:
- STUDENTS Update your contact information by logging into the Student Self-Service Center. You'll receive SNAP alerts through calls to your 10-digitpreferred phone number, text messages are sent to any mobile number listed in your student recordand emails are sent toyourkctcs.eduemail address.
- KCTCS EMPLOYEES Update your contact information in PeopleSoft. You'll receive SNAP alerts through messages at your work extension, text messages sent to any mobile number listed in PeopleSoft and an email message sent to your kctcs.edu email address.
- Are you a parent, board or community member interested in receiving SNAP emergency messages from a KCTCS college? Sign up to receive notifications here.