We may have one for you!
Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College (SKYCTC) offers several categories of scholarships to qualifying students. This is made possible by the generous support of many community individuals and organizations. Some are general need based scholarships for students in any field. Some are dedicated to students in such disciplines as culinary arts, HVAC, nursing and allied health.
Each application is reviewed and ranked by members of the SKYCTC Scholarship Committee. Decisions of the committee are final and are made without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability or veteran status, except in cases where such is listed as determining criteria.
If you, the applicant, are eligible and funds are available, you will receive an acceptance email sent to your KCTCS email address. All recipients of scholarship funds from SKYCTC are encouraged to file a FAFSA annually, maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress, meet criteria for the awards they receive and write a thank you note to the scholarship donor. All scholarships are based on availability of funds and award amounts vary per academic year.
How does a scholarship affect my other student aid?
A scholarship will affect your other student aid because all your student aid added together can't be more than your cost of attendance at your college. So, you'll need to let your school know if you've been awarded a scholarship so that the financial aid office can subtract that amount from your cost of attendance (and from certain other aid, such as loans, that you might have been offered). Then, any amount left can be covered by other financial aid for which you're eligible. Questions? Ask your financial aid office.
- Apply Online beginning October 1 for the following fall/spring semesters
- Deadline: March 15
- Applications for the Robert & Mary Tincher Charitable Foundation Scholarship for graduates of high schools in Bowling Green/Warren County closes April 1 and is eligible for summer classes.
- Scholarship applicants are encouraged to file the FAFSA
- Must be seeking a credential at SKYCTC and meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Write an Exceptional Essay
- All documents must be submitted online or returned to the SKYCTC Foundation Office located in building H
High School Seniors:
- You must have the Counselor Verification Form completed.
- Have your high school counselor complete the form.
- Obtain an official seventh-semester transcript (schools using block schedules should provide a transcript as of December 31) and a copy of your ACT scores from your high school.
- All information (counselor verification, transcript, ACT) must be received by the Foundation Office by the stated deadline.
Eligibility criteria, and other pertinent information are provided per scholarship categories.