School Certifying Official (SCO)
Academic Advisor/SCO for Veterans Services
What the SCO does:
- Certifies your courses with the VA (request payment from the VA)
What you need to do:
- Notify the SCO in advance of courses you will be taking, prior to each semester or term attended
- Notify the SCO whenever you make any changes in enrollment (hours, courses, program change, or graduate.
- Notify the SCO if you choose not to use benefits, etc.
- Please notify the SCO, if you make any changes, otherwise you may create a debt in the VA system.