A GREAT EDUCATION IS WITHIN REACH
Whether you’ve been out of high school for four years or 40, we will help you build a better future. Here’s everything you need to know about applying to SKYCTC as an adult student.
There’s associate degrees or a certificate, or you can explore your interests in continuing education classes—whatever your goals are, we have a program for you. Many of our programs are especially designed for working adults, with classes on Saturdays and online.
Applying to SKYCTC as an adult student is easy, and we’ll support you every step of the way.
Apply for Continuing Education Classes
- Choose your class.
- Register for class and pay your bill. The process is fast and easy, and our costs are reasonable.
Apply for Degree & Certificate Programs
Submit the Application for Admission. It’s free, and it only takes about 15 minutes to complete.
To get started you'll need:
- Your Social Security number.
- An email address that we can use to contact you.
- Name and address of the high school you have attended.
- Name and address of any colleges you have attended.
Start Your Application
You can order your high school transcript at parchment.com or your GED transcripts at request.ged.ky.gov. Don’t forget to send transcripts for all previously attended non-KCTCS colleges, for example, any dual credit classes you may have taken in high school.
For students who do not have transfer credit for college-level math, English, and reading, SKYCTC will use a cumulative high school GPA for placement at this time. High school GPA placement is based on the unweighted cumulative GPA recorded at the end of the most recent term completed.
If you have not met the high school GPA requirement, you may need to submit additional test scores.
Use one of the methods below to submit test scores, or you can schedule placement testing at our Career and Academic Planning Center by calling (270) 901-4339.
- ACT and KYOTE scores can be submitted on a high school transcript.
- You can request ACT scores online. ACT scores are valid for four years, and benchmark scores are as follows: English 14, Math 14, and Reading 16. (If your ACT scores do not meet these benchmarks, please schedule placement testing with the Career and Academic Planning Center at (270) 901-4339.)
- You can request SAT scores online. SAT benchmark scores are: Evidence-Based Reading and Writing 440, Mathematics 360.
- AP scores may be used for placement instead of ACT scores.
Questions about applying to SKYCTC as an adult? Give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to helping you reach your goals!