Are you a former SKYCTC student? Here’s how to apply for readmission and restart your journey toward a better tomorrow.
How to Apply
Returning to SKYCTC is easy, no matter how long you’ve been gone. We’re here for you, every step of the way. Just follow these simple steps:
Submit the Application for Admission. It’s free, and it only takes about 15 minutes to complete.
To get started you'll need:
- Your Social Security number.
- An email address that we can use to contact you.
- Name and address of the high school you have attended.
- Name and address of any colleges you have attended.
Start Your Application
You can order college transcripts at Parchment, through the National Student Clearing House or from the college Registrar Office. Don’t forget to send transcripts for all previously attended non-KCTCS colleges, for example, any dual credit classes you may have taken in high school.
For students who do not have transfer credit for college-level math, English, and reading, SKYCTC will use a cumulative high school GPA for placement at this time. High school GPA placement is based on the unweighted cumulative GPA recorded at the end of the most recent term completed.
If you have not met the high school GPA requirement, you may need to submit additional test scores.
Use one of the methods below to submit test scores, or you can schedule placement testing at our Career and Academic Planning Center by calling 270-901-1046.
- ACT and KYOTE scores can be submitted on a high school transcript.
- You can request ACT scores online. ACT scores are valid for five years, and benchmark scores are as follows: English 14, Math 15, and Reading 15. (If your ACT scores do not meet these benchmarks, please schedule placement testing with the Career & Academic Planning Center at 270.901.1046.)
- You can request SAT scores online. SAT benchmark scores are: Evidence-Based Reading and Writing 440, Mathematics 360.
- AP scores may be used for placement instead of ACT scores.
Finally, congratulate yourself for taking the next step toward a great future!
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have questions or need help. We look forward to welcoming you back to the SKYCTC family!