Students with GEDs
TAKE THE NEXT STEP TOWARD SUCCESS
Do you have a GED? You’ll fit right in at SKYCTC. Here’s how to join the SKYCTC family and build a better future.
How to Apply
SKYCTC welcomes students who have earned GEDs instead of graduating from high school. The application process is straightforward, and we’re here to help. Just follow these four easy steps:
Submit the Application for Admission. It’s free, and it only takes about 15 minutes to complete.
To get started you'll need:
- Your Social Security number.
- An email address that we can use to contact you.
- Name and address of the high school you have attended.
- Name and address of any colleges you have attended.
Start Your Application
You can order your GED transcripts at request.ged.ky.gov. Don’t forget to send transcripts for all previously attended non-KCTCS colleges, for example, any dual credit classes you may have taken in high school.
For students who do not have transfer credit for college-level math, English, and reading, SKYCTC will use a cumulative high school GPA for placement at this time. High school GPA placement is based on the unweighted cumulative GPA recorded at the end of the most recent term completed.
If you have not met the high school GPA requirement, you may need to submit additional test scores.
Use one of the methods below to submit test scores, or you can schedule placement testing at our Career and Academic Planning Center by calling (270) 901-4339.
- ACT and KYOTE scores can be submitted on a high school transcript.
- You can request ACT scores online. ACT scores are valid for four years, and benchmark scores are as follows: English 14, Math 14, and Reading 16. (If your ACT scores do not meet these benchmarks, please schedule placement testing with the Career and Academic Planning Center at (270) 901-4339.)
- You can request SAT scores online. SAT benchmark scores are: Evidence-Based Reading and Writing 440, Mathematics 360.
- AP scores may be used for placement instead of ACT scores.
Finally, get ready to join a community of caring people who are invested in your success.
Questions? Contact us. We look forward to meeting you!