LEARN ON YOUR TERMS
Take classes anytime, anywhere. Here’s how to apply as a distance learner and start building the future you deserve.
Online courses at SKYCTC give you maximum flexibility to learn at times and places that are most convenient for you—even if that means 2 am at your kitchen table. What’s more, distance classes provide the same credits and transfer options as on-campus classes.
How to Apply
Applying to distance learning programs at SKYCTC is easy, and we’re here to help. Just follow these quick steps:
Submit the Application for Admission. It’s free, and it only takes about 15 minutes to complete.
To get started you'll need:
- Your Social Security number.
- An email address that we can use to contact you.
- Name and address of the high school you have attended.
- Name and address of any colleges you have attended.
Start Your Application
You can order your high school transcript at parchment.com or your GED transcripts at request.ged.ky.gov. Don’t forget to send transcripts for all previously attended non-KCTCS colleges, for example, any dual credit classes you may have taken in high school.
For students who do not have transfer credit for college-level math, English, and reading, SKYCTC will use a cumulative high school GPA for placement at this time. High school GPA placement is based on the unweighted cumulative GPA recorded at the end of the most recent term completed.
If you have not met the high school GPA requirement, you may need to submit additional test scores.
Use one of the methods below to submit test scores, or you can schedule placement testing at our Career and Academic Planning Center by calling (270) 901-4339.
- ACT and KYOTE scores can be submitted on a high school transcript.
- You can request ACT scores online. ACT scores are valid for four years, and benchmark scores are as follows: English 14, Math 14, and Reading 16. (If your ACT scores do not meet these benchmarks, please schedule placement testing with the Career and Academic Planning Center at (270) 901-4339.)
- You can request SAT scores online. SAT benchmark scores are: Evidence-Based Reading and Writing 440, Mathematics 360.
- AP scores may be used for placement instead of ACT scores.
Finally, fire up your computer and get ready to launch an exciting new future. You’ve got this!
If you have questions along the way, give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to helping you reach your goals!