First Time Freshman
LET’S GET THIS JOURNEY STARTED
New to college? Here’s how to apply to SKYCTC and start building a better tomorrow—right here in your own backyard.
Apply as a freshman if you’ve never taken a college class or if you took dual-credit classes in high school. If you’ve taken college classes, apply as a transfer student.
How to Apply
Applying to SKYCTC is easy, and we’ll be with you at every step of the way. Just follow these four steps:
Submit the Application for Admission. It’s free, and it only takes about 15 minutes to complete.
To get started you'll need:
- Your Social Security number.
- An email address that we can use to contact you.
- Name and address of the high school you have attended.
- Name and address of any colleges you have attended.
Start Your Application
Most high school transcripts can be ordered at parchment.com or requested from your high school counselor. Request a GED transcript at request.ged.ky.gov. Don’t forget to send transcripts for all previously attended non-KCTCS colleges for any dual credit classes you may have taken in high school.
Transcripts sent through electronic exchange directly to the student will not be considered an official transcript. Please confirm the transcript is sent to the appropriate SKYCTC contact.
SKYCTC will use a cumulative high school GPA for placement at this time. High school GPA placement is based on the unweighted cumulative GPA recorded at the end of the most recent term completed.
If you have not met the high school GPA requirement, you may need to submit additional test scores.
Use one of the methods below to submit test scores, or you can schedule placement testing at our Career and Academic Planning Center by calling (270) 901-4339.
- ACT and KYOTE scores can be submitted on a high school transcript.
- You can request ACT scores online. ACT scores are valid for five years, and benchmark scores are as follows: English 14, Math 15, and Reading 15. (If your ACT scores do not meet these benchmarks, please schedule placement testing with the Career & Academic Planning Center at (270) 901-4339.)
- You can request SAT scores online. SAT benchmark scores are: Evidence-Based Reading and Writing 440, Mathematics 360.
- AP scores may be used for placement instead of ACT scores. To request your scores, please go to apscore.collegeboard.org/scores.
And that’s it! You’re on your way to the future of your dreams.
Meet Your Admissions Team
Need Help Getting Started?
If you have questions about admissions, transcripts, courses or financial aid, feel free to connect with a member of our admissions team!