High School Dual Credit Student
GET ON THE FAST TRACK TO SUCCESS
Want to earn college credit while you’re still in high school? Here’s how to apply for dual credit at SKYCTC and get a head start on a great education.
How to Apply
Applying to SKYCTC’s dual credit program is easy, and we’re here to help. Just follow these steps:
(Returning dual credit students, please start at Step 2).
New students complete your online admission application. Returning students move to Step 2. The online application is free, and only takes about 15 minutes.
You will need the following:
- An email address we can use to contact you.
- The personal email address you provide is extremely important. It will be used to verify your identity, access your application, and setup and/or reset your password. Do not use an email account that you are unable to access, an email account that belongs to another person or a KCTCS.edu address.
- You will need to retrieve and enter the verification code that will be sent to this email address prior to starting the application.
- Your Social Security number
- Name of the high school you attended
- Click the Start Application button to begin.
- First enter your email address, and click “Send Verification Code.”
- A verification code will be sent to the email address entered.
- You will need to enter the verification code to start the application or retrieve a saved application. You may request a code to be sent at any time.
- If you already have a verification code you do not need to request a new one - the code is valid for 24 hours. Save this code in case you need to return to the application.
- If you are unable to enter the verification code please utilize the Live Chat feature at the bottom of this page.
- Next, retrieve and enter the verification code.
- Click the green “Start Application” button to begin.
- Select Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College as your home college and campus.
- Enter your personal data in the Applicant Information section
(Notify your counselor or SKYCTC Dual Credit if you do not have your Social Security Number).
- Create Account (This account is only used for access to the application).
- The email address you used for the verification code should automatically populate.
- For the password, we suggest using something like: Spring2021! (This is case sensitive)
- Select a hint question from the pull-down menu and type your answer.
- Click Create Account
- Confirm your Personal Information and click Next.
- Enter Additional Information, Citizenship, and Ethnicity.
- When do you plan to start taking classes? Spring 2021
- Are you currently enrolled in high school or home school? Yes
- When will you graduate from high school? May 20__ (The year you graduate)
- High School State: KY (click on the full state name when it loads.) High School Name: Begin typing your high school name, wait for the full high school name to load and click on it; then, click: Add This School
- Complete Residency Determination.
- Confirm your information is correct and SUBMIT.
The last page displays your KCTCS ID Number. Be sure to keep this information; print the page or take a picture. If you ONLY receive an application reference number, please email SKY-DualCredit@kctcs.edu and provide your full name, date of birth, high school, and applicaiton reference number so we can update your application and send you your KCTCS ID number.
You must have a valid KCTCS student ID number to enroll in classes.
Submit your Dual Credit Enrollment Agreement. Students should complete this agreement, with their guardian, each semester.
- Enrollment is subject to:
- High school administration approval
- Qualifying GPA and/or placement scores
- Have you taken dual credit at another college?
- To transfer dual credit taken from another college, you will need to have the official transcript issued to SKYCTC Student Affairs. We are unable to accept a transcript issued to the student.
- Check the providing college for information on how to transfer your credit to SKYCTC.
New students can create a user account 24 hours after submitting the application. The user account provides access to MyPath which is the gateway to Blackboard, Student Self-Service and KCTCS email.
- Setup User Profile by going to the User Account Center.
- Click the "Setup Your User Profile" button.
- Enter your birth month and day. Then, enter your KCTCS ID number and click Next.
- Email SKY-DualCredit@kctcs.edu or call (270) 715-1643 if you do not know your KCTCS ID number.
- Choose to send the temporary passcode to the email address or phone number shown. (Notify SKY-DualCredit@kctcs.edu if those need to be updated). Enter this passcode in the appropriate box.
- Follow instructions to create your password.
- Do not use any part of your name.
- Password must be 12 characters long and can not use any personal identifying information.
- Make note of your username before leaving this screen. (Ex. JDoe1234)
- Your KCTCS email address will be your email@example.com (Ex. JDoe1234@kctcs.edu)
- Login to My Path using your KCTCS email and password.
Be sure to read through the Dual Credit Orientation information on using MyPath, information on your classes, and understanding your tuition and payment options.
Dual Credit Scholarship
You could get your degree 100% tuition-free with the DC to Finish Scholarship!
Have questions? Contact January Shuler at SKY-DualCredit@kctcs.edu or (270) 901-4332.