High School Dual Credit Student
GET ON THE FAST TRACK TO SUCCESS
Want to earn college credit while you’re still in high school? Here’s how to apply for dual credit at SKYCTC and get a head start on a great education.
How to Apply
Applying to SKYCTC’s dual credit program is easy, and we’re here to help. Just follow these steps:
New students complete your online admission application. Returning students move to Step 2. The online application is free, and only takes about 15 minutes.
- Click the Start Application button to begin.
- Select Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College as your home college and campus.
- Enter your personal data in the Applicant Information section
Notify your counselor or SKYCTC Dual Credit if you do not have your Social Security Number.
*Make sure you select Next Step and not “Save” at the bottom of each page to continue.
- Create Account (This account is only used for access to the application).
- Use a valid email address
- For the password, we suggest using something like: Fall2020! (This is case sensitive)
- Confirm your Personal Information and click Next.
- Enter Additional Information, Citizenship, and Ethnicity.
- When do you plan to start taking classes? Fall 2020
- Are you currently enrolled in high school or home school? Yes
- When will you graduate from high school? May 20__ (The year you graduate)
- High School State: KY (click on the full state name when it loads.) High School Name: Begin typing your high school name, wait for the full high school name to load and click on it; then, click: Add This School
- Complete Residency Determination.
- Confirm your information is correct and SUBMIT.
The last page displays your KCTCS ID Number. Be sure to keep this information; print the page or take a picture.
You must have a valid KCTCS student ID number to enroll in classes
Submit your Dual Credit Enrollment Agreement. This agreement should be completed by both the student and guardian.
- For a list of dual credit classes contact SKY-DualCredit@kctcs.edu
- You must enter the PeopleSoft number for each class you are requesting
- Review the online classes for eligible seniors list
- Must be a Senior who has completed 6 credit hours with SKYCTC and have a 3.0 or better SKYCTC GPA
- Confirmation email will be sent to the parent/guardian
- Enrollment is subject to:
- High school administration approval
- Qualifying GPA and/or placement scores
New students can create a user account 24 hours after submitting the application.
- Setup User Profile by going to the User Account Center.
- Enter your birth month and day. Then, enter you KCTCS ID number and click Next.
- Choose to send the temporary passcode to the email address or phone number shown. (Notify SKY-DualCredit@kctcs.edu if those need to be updated). Enter this passcode in the appropriate box.
- Create security questions and answers as requested and click Next.
- Be sure to save your security questions and memorize them. You cannot reset your account without them!
- Follow instructions to create your password.
- Do not use any part of your name.
- Passwords expire every 365 days. Otherwise, you may get locked out and will have to reset your user account.
- Make note of your username before leaving this screen. (Ex. JDoe1234)
- Your KCTCS email address will be your firstname.lastname@example.org (Ex. JDoe1234@kctcs.edu)
- Login to My Path using your KCTCS email and password.
- Review the Academic Calendar
- Review the Work Place Ethics Agreement
- Need to Drop a Course: Email SKY-DualCredit@kctcs.edu immediately if you intend to drop a class.
- Grade and refund issued according to College’s academic calendar.
- Apply for Dual Credit Scholarships
- KHEAA Work Ready Kentucky Dual Credit Scholarship
Public/Private High School Students enrolled in technical dual credit courses, may be eligible for the Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship, which can cover tuition for up to two courses in an academic year.
- KHEAA Kentucky Dual Credit Scholarship
Public/Private and Home School Juniors and Seniors may also be eligible for the Dual Credit Scholarship provided by House Bill 206, which can cover tuition for up to two dual credit courses over the secondary school career.
- Both scholarships cover tuition ONLY and will not cover any additional charges. Please visit www.kheaa.com for more information, or contact your guidance counselor.
- KHEAA Work Ready Kentucky Dual Credit Scholarship
- Attend Class
You will be billed for the tuition and any digital textbook charges associated with the chosen course(s).
- The dual credit tuition rate will be established in June each year.
In an effort to save your student money, many dual credit courses will have a Digital Textbook Charge.
If your student’s course has a required hard copy textbook, it will be the student’s responsibility to purchase the required textbook.
- Student bills will be available online as soon as registration is complete.
- You are welcome to pay at any point throughout the semester, but keep in mind billing will be updated as scholarships are applied.
- The final payment deadline will be December 15th for the fall semester and May 15th for the spring semester.
- Should you overpay, a refund will be issued.
Ways to Pay your bill
- Pay Online
- Login using Student User Name and Password > STUDENT SELF-SERVICE > ACCOUNT BALANCE > MAKE A PAYMENT
- You can pay online with a debit or credit card
- Mail Check/Money Order payable to SKYCTC (include your 9-digit KCTCS ID number) at SKYCTC Business Office, 1845 Loop Drive, Bowling Green, KY 42101
- Pay Over the phone by calling 270.901.1120
- You can pay by phone with a credit or debit card
- You must provide the Cashier with your 9-digit KCTCS ID number.
Have questions? Contact January Shuler at SKY-DualCredit@kctcs.edu or 270.901.4332.
While you're at it check out the DC to Finish Scholarship information!