Veterans & Military
JOIN OUR MILITARY-FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
We welcome military service members, veterans and their families. Here’s how to apply to SKYCTC and start building a better future.
Earn a degree, diploma or certificate on campus or online, or prepare for a job in one of our Go to Work programs. We offer flexibility and support services to help you reach your goals while serving your country or after you’ve retired from active duty.
How to Apply
The application process is quick and simple, and we’re here to help. Just follow these easy steps:
Which application you use depends on your benefits:
Apply through ArmyIgnitED.com if you plan to use Federal Tuition Assistance.
If you're not using FTA:
Submit the Application for Admission. It’s free, and it only takes about 15 minutes to complete.
To get started you'll need:
- Your Social Security number.
- An email address that we can use to contact you.
- Name and address of the high school you have attended.
- Name and address of any colleges you have attended.
Start Your Application
You can order your high school transcript at parchment.com or your GED transcripts at request.ged.ky.gov. Don’t forget to send transcripts for all previously attended non-KCTCS colleges, for example, any dual credit classes you may have taken in high school.
For students who do not have transfer credit for college-level math, English, and reading, SKYCTC will use a cumulative high school GPA for placement at this time. High school GPA placement is based on the unweighted cumulative GPA recorded at the end of the most recent term completed.
If you have not met the high school GPA requirement, you may need to submit additional test scores.
Use one of the methods below to submit test scores, or you can schedule placement testing at our Career and Academic Planning Center by calling (270) 901-4339.
- ACT and KYOTE scores can be submitted on a high school transcript.
- You can request ACT scores online. ACT scores are valid for four years, and benchmark scores are as follows: English 14, Math 14, and Reading 16. (If your ACT scores do not meet these benchmarks, please schedule placement testing with the Career and Academic Planning Center at (270) 901-4339.)
- You can request SAT scores online. SAT benchmark scores are: Evidence-Based Reading and Writing 440, Mathematics 360.
- AP scores may be used for placement instead of ACT scores.
If you’re planning to enlist in the Army, you may be eligible for the Concurrent Admissions Program (ConAP), a program designed to help you apply to college and access your benefits. Be sure to select KCTCS as your home college when you enlist.
Questions? Contact us. We’re here for you, every step of the way.